Circa £18k per annum
Do you have experience working in administration and looking for a role with opportunities to progress in the legal sector?
Do you have confidence and a positive attitude needed to be the first point of call for customers?
Do you have great customer service & organisation ability as well as strong computer skills?
Brook Street is proud to be working with a well established Law firm in Southampton. Our client is seeking a Junior clerk with a background in administration, with a professional manner, a good standard of education and proven communication skills. No experience in the legal sector is needed but we are looking for a proactive individual who is motivated to get stuck in.
About the role:
The main areas of law covered within Chambers are Family, Chancery, Commercial, Employment, Property, PI & Clinical Negligence, Immigration and Public Access. On a day to day basis the role will include assisting in managing the diaries of members of chambers and you will have the full support of your line manager. You will also take an active role in the practice development of the members along with their continued marketing and business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing general support to the Senior Clerk as and when required in all aspects of clerking members
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post & DX
- Acting as a point of contact to members for their administrative support
- Liaising with solicitor clients to arrange conferences and general appointments including the fixing of cases in courts and tribunals and have the ability to handle difficult diary problems that may arise
- Accurately recording data to ensure all records are up to date.
- Maintaining and developing effective relationships with solicitor clients
- Having the ability to negotiate fees and allocate work to members without the supervision or prior authorisation of the Senior Clerk in appropriate circumstances
- A knowledge of civil/Family fees including CFA's and dealing with Public Access cases would be desirable
- Assist in billing family fees under the Family Advocacy Scheme
- Assist in billing using the LAA's online billing Client Cost Management System (CCMS);
- Assist in managing and re-submission of rejected claims to the LAA.
- Understanding and applying the Equality and Diversity code, as this applies in respect of your duties in clerking members
- Playing an active and influential role in the future success of Chambers
We are looking for:
- Good IT Skills
- Ambitious and motivated and used to working within a commercially focused team providing a bespoke service to members and clients
- A confident communicator able to answer calls effectively
- Well presented with excellent organisational skills
- Calm and efficient under pressure
What's in it for you?
Basic salary up to around £18k per annum and in addition to joining an dynamic company you will receive training and progression opportunities within the legal sector.
If you like the look of this Legal Administrator / Junior Clerk opportunity and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today by clicking apply.
We are looking to interview and hire suitable candidates over the next week and look forward to receiving your application.