We have partnered with an established business in the property industry who are looking to recruit an Office Manager/Executive Assistant. You will joining a small and personable team working from a fantastic office based in Oldbury, West Midlands.
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant is responsible for the organisation and co-ordination of office administration and procedures, ensuring organisational efficiency, effectiveness and safety. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant will also provide a high level of administrative support to the Managing Director and, on an ad hoc basis, to the Board of Directors.
- To take responsibility and ownership of office organisation, day to day management of Reception team, IT (liaison with IT support provider), project management, ensure deadline compliance; management of company documents and files, ensuring their security, integrity and confidentiality
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of calendars, scheduling meetings, correspondence, and for general human resource matters, acting as a liaison between management and employees
- To carry out all duties in a professional manner and to adhere to procedures, polices and guidelines at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The basic duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the Office Manager / Executive Assistant will consist of those listed below. However, this job outline is not intended to be an exhaustive list, but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take account of changes and developments in business needs and may be modified at any time, after full consultation with the post-holder. Training will be provided where appropriate.
In addition, duties may be varied from time to time dependent upon current and evolving office workload and staffing levels, and assistance may be requested to cover periods of absence within the general office team. Staff are required to be flexible and the Company reserves the right to alter such fixed hours and location of work as may be considered necessary to the smooth operation of the business.
To organise office operations and procedures ensuring compliance to Health and Safety and GDPR regulations;
Ensure effective electronic and hard copy filing systems are established and maintained; to identify and implement a suitable electronic Data Management System; develop and document procedures to cover data protection, record retention, record archive and disposal;
- Work with IT support team to ensure efficient operation of the office, planning and procuring hardware / software as necessary; perform review and analysis of any special projects and keep management team fully briefed
- Work with the Company website / PR provider and ensure that web pages are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect the latest information
- Monitor and update social media accounts providing regular feeds detailing Company activities
- Develop an understanding of the Property Management System (Qube) and using it to interrogate the tenant / property database to provide information for internal reporting and to run reports as required.
- Manage office supplies inventory and sourcing, ensuring stocks are replenished in a timely and cost-effective manner. Liaise with suppliers as required.
- Recruitment of office staff, provision of induction training for new employees and mentoring. Maintenance of employee records, training records, skills matrices; proposing and sourcing developmental training. Where / when appropriate, discipline.
- Regularly review and update the Employee Handbook to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Organise and schedule appointments and meetings ensuring any diary conflicts are resolved
- Attend meetings as required, take accurate minutes and circulate in
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Ben Worsley -