Our client is a newly established Managed Service provider with a wealth of experience behind them.
They are a 'remote first' organisation with a flexible working culture, this is a full time role.
They are seeking to recruit an experienced Operations Director with a managed services background to join the senior leadership team.
You will be a self-starter able to scope own workload, look forward to and enjoy working independently but collaboratively on the delivery of agreed outcomes with challenging deadlines, enjoy being proactive in seeking resources and information you need to get the job done. You will not be phased by operating across multiple workstreams and will see wrestling with customers organisational complexities as perfectly normal within a high quality service business. A brilliant Manager and delegator, tenacious with excellent attention to detail.
To build, sustain and continually improve an efficient, effective and profitable operations engine by empowering and supporting leaders to create and sustain excellent and "joined up" service delivery teams. The operations buck stops here.
" As part of the senior leadership team, follow the Company principles to help us all enjoy building an effective, profitable, best of breed IT Managed Service business. " Help us to shape and bring to life our "why" and our goals. " Help your team leaders to translate these into clear, transparent measurable and visible roles, responsibilities and outcomes " Recruit, onboard, train, support, mentor and motivate brilliant team leaders able to use great people skills to build and run lean and efficient "teams" made up of employees, contractors, customer resources and partner organisations. " With your colleagues and team members, figure out, implement sustain and improve slick, automated operational systems that are used consistently by everyone in the business " Help colleagues evolve a culture of excellent and proactive communications using the best fit tools, systems and routines needed to support effective distributed working " Help your team to predict, troubleshoot and proactively resolve operational issues act as the ultimate backstop for ensuring customer needs are met " Ensure that you have in place best fit policies, procedures, licences and certifications enabling company to meet all operational requirements of the business.
The ideal person will be:
- energetic, focused and have an excellent track record of "getting stuff done".
- commercially astute, understanding the impact of operational decisions on the bottom line and able to help your managers get out of the weeds and understand what they need to do differently to not only improve service, but also drive profitability.
- able to demonstrate depth of operational experience, having led operations in an MSP environment with 50+ staff and 3000+ end users.
- the kind of person who constantly says to themselves "next time I do this, I am going to do it differently and better". This is your next time.
- a brilliant manager and delegator, interested in people and able to model the kind of behaviour you would like others to adopt.
- able to ensure that your team leaders have completely clear roles and responsibilities, to support, motivate, empower and coach them in figuring things out, and then able to let them get on with what they're there to do instead of micro-managing
- tenacious, with excellent attention to detail, but at the same time able to pull everyone out of the weeds, help them see the big picture and help them understand what they could differently to improve
- able to bring apply experience gained in distributed "remote first" working, to setting up and sustaining best practice
Highly organised, able to stop when you reach "good enough" and able to prioritise what is important over what is urgent.