Brook Street Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Operations Manager on behalf of our Belfast client who is a professional and respected financial services organisation.
The new Operations Manager will act as an integrator between the Managing Director and the rest of the team and to drive the business as per the agreed Business Plan. You'll responsible for the day to day running of the business and will take a lead role in monitoring and improving business processes to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
You will provide direct line management support to the financial advisory, administration and marketing teams and will be the first point of contact for resolving day to day queries.
* Ensure company's core values are fully embedded in all business activities;
* Act as an integrator between the Managing Director and the rest of the team to ensure successful business development;
* Validate and prioritise ideas put forward by the Managing Director to ensure that targets set in the Business Plan are met;
* Document and coordinate the implementation of the Business Plan;
* Chair monthly Management and weekly level 10 meetings;
* Manage the office space and oversee relationships with 3rd party suppliers (e.g. hr advisers, accountants, software providers, marketing consultants).
* Manage the team and their workload to achieve set business goals;
* Arrange employment of new staff and terminations/resignations of existing staff;
* Create and review organisational structure, roles and responsibilities on an ongoing basis;
* Establish performance objectives and training and development plans for the team and review at least annually;
* Coordinate training for all staff as per their career plans and company requirements;
* Create and maintain holiday and sickness registers;
* Oversee remuneration packages to ensure fairness and competitiveness;
* Organise and coordinate Team Days and other team functions;
* Ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are met at all times;
* Promote healthy working conditions and well being of all staff.
Process and Procedures:
* Create internal service standards, and effective business processes and procedures;
* Review business policies, processes, procedures, and internal service standards on an ongoing basis in relation to client satisfaction, profitability, and efficiency;
* Ensure all business service activities comply with relevant acts, legal & regulatory requirements and ethical standards;
* Oversee the delivery of all general office and business administration, ensuring all legislative and business requirements are met;
* Ensure that all business activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner as per internal company standards;
* At least 2 year's management experience gained within a professional services or corporate services environment.
* At least 2 year's people management experience gained as a line manager, with demonstrable experience of core people management skills.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a regulated environment and experience of supporting compliance and risk checks.
* Highly developed organisational, time management and planning skills;
* Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with strong interpersonal skills
* Highly I.T. literate with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and an ability to adapt to and work with different software packages
* Highly numerate.
* Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy.
* Certificate in Financial Planning or equivalent would be beneficial
Please send CV via the apply link