We're working with a well respected Huddersfield based transport company, looking for an Operations Team Leader to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for a well organised, proactive and savvy team leader to join a leading organisation and become part of a strong, family-feel team.
If you are an experienced team leader, or senior transport controller looking for a role with added responsibility and clear routes of progression, please read on!
Our client operate on a 24/7 basis, as the Operations Team Leader your shifts work on a 6 - 6 rotational basis including days, nights and weekends. You will receive a holiday allowance alongside scheduled holiday as well as a shift allowance of £1,116 per annum.
As the Operations Team Leader you have overall responsibility for the Controls Team, ensuring staffing is fulfilled as well as providing a clear point of escalation for all customers. A day in the life of this busy role will primarily include:
- Ensuring staffing rotas are fulfilled providing adequate desk cover for the controls team
- Effective delegation, ensuring an even spread of workload
- Focal point for escalation within the team, for team members, customers and other management and the field teams
- Monitoring KPIs and SLAs within the team, ensuring the team are performing within stringent company guidelines, with overall responsibility for any dropped loads
- Investigation and timely incident response where required
- Providing coaching and training to the team as well as hands on support during busy periods
Due to the nature of this role, successful applicants will have a strong background within a senior transport control role. You'll need excellent levels of organisation and previous experience maintaining rotas.
We're looking for a dedicated and level headed personality, a candidate who can remain calm under pressure and motivate a team.
You'll also need strong attention to detail and experience collating data, using excel and ideally some exposure to Win DMS.
Previous experience within a senior position within control, operations or scheduling field is essential.
As there are set shift patterns for this role, flexibility is key!
In return our client offers:
A salary of £24,500 - £32,500 dependent on experience
A shift allowance of £1,116 per annum
Free onsite parking
If you'd like to know more and be considered for interview, please apply online now.
If you do have any queries please contact Katie on 01274 331200.