Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Financial Controller.
This is a contract role to start ASAP for 12 months initially.
The role will be working remotely to begin with but will likely require regular onsite presence at our client's Reading offices once restrictions ease.
Salary offered: Up to £56,000 per annum (depending on experience)
The Opex Controller oversees budget, forecast, closing and reviews of Operating Expense lines across the Management P&L. This role is vital key member of area Financial Controlling team and meaningfully participates in financial controller rhythms. The Opex Controller ensures reconciliation and adherence to Headcount Blueprint in strong collaboration with the Business, Sales Operations, Recruiting and HR. The role is the central point of contact for all investment hires and is responsible for accuracy of headcount and people cost incl. external resources.
You have a growth and an owner mindset, act as an entrepreneur that focuses on business impact, and continuously learns and innovates. You have the capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action-oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data-driven, forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
- Manage the budget and forecast process across Revenue Adjustments and Opex lines, across Management P&L and Statutory books.
- Work closely with Marketing, Operations and HR to provide Quarterly Business Review slides and support.
- P&L management.
- Provide the required insight for quarterly SOX controls, in particular Opex Trends (CR4).
- Own accuracy of headcount and people cost incl. external resources.
- Govern all headcount positions and cost centers. Is the central point of contact for all investment hirers. Work closely with Recruiting, HR, Marketing & Operations and the business to ensure hiring meets all financial criteria.
- Opex month close, forecast, analysis & planning.
- Ensure reconciliation and adherence of Headcount Blueprint in partnership with Business Operations and the Investment Finance Manager
Key indicators of success
- Controllable cost & Headcount forecast accuracy at UK level +/-2%.
- Sufficient and accurate SOX Controls.
- 1 to 3 cases of costs savings a year with tangible cost saving impact
- Strong Communication and Influencer skills to manage relationships to outsourced (business) Finance groups like RE&F, IT Finance
- Demonstrable experience in finance
- Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended.
- Fluent in English
- BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics preferred
- CA/CPA preferred
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5th May (although please submit your application ASAP)