Job Title - Optical Engineering Technician
Location - Cambridge
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Optical Engineering Technician
This is a contract role based in Cambridge for 5 months (Potential max contract duration 18 months)
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £34,935 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
We are looking for an Optical Engineering Technician to work alongside world-leading researchers and engineers to support development and use of experimental optical systems. The team is multi-disciplinary, comprising optics, software, and electronics experts with a collaborative and agile atmosphere. The ability to communicate well with other team members and to support overall team goals is crucial.
A typical day in this role can include:
Construction of free space experimental setups on optical tables.
Assisting researchers with the design and layout of free space optical experiments.
Running experiments, logging results and monitoring equipment.
Investigate specification of optical components and lead procurement and inventory management.
* Familiar with basic optical design concepts and theory required.
* Experience in industry or academic free space optics lab environment. Eye for spotting and flagging anomalies during operation of an experiment.
* Understand basic specifications of optical components and able to lead procurement (quoting, ordering, follow up) and inventory management.*
* Able to safely conduct experiments with high-power visible and invisible laser radiation.
* Must have good communication and presentation skills
* Can work independently with minimal supervision towards defined tasks within a team environment.
* Good organizational skills and capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks effectively.
* Good writing skills, capable of using Microsoft Office components, Outlook, OneNote, Word, * SharePoint, Teams etc. to efficiently communicate with other members of the team and report results.
* Able to thrive in a highly agile environment where priorities and tasks change frequently.
Deadline for CV submission: 12.00pm on Monday 27th January