One of the leading Children services in the UK are recruiting for Outreach Support Workers in Bristol. You will be supporting children & young people between 16 - 25 years old who are leaving the care system and need additional support to remain independent. You will work with people who come from neglected backgrounds, sexual exploitation and other traumatic situations who may have mental health (complex needs), anti-social behaviour and EBD so they will display challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- This is a professional parental role (lone working) offering therapeutic / emotional support
- You will support them with managing their tenancy, claiming benefits, job-hunting and help with alternative education
- Support them out and about in the community
- If clients become challenging then support workers will need to remove themselves from the situation and call the police or the on-call manager if required.
- Have life, paid, personal or voluntary experience in care (any setting / sector)
- Must be a driver with your own car
- You will be required to add Business insurance to your insurance
- Willing to travel upto 1 hr & 30mins (you will get paid your mileage after 10 miles commute)
Contract / Terms:
- Salary with sleeps is £24,256 - £27,867 (£17,742 - £18,096) = £8.53 - £8.70 an hour
- Will do 2 or 3 sleeps per week paid at £62.64 per sleep = £6,514.56 - £9,771.84 per year
- Long shifts or 24 hour shifts (40 hours a week + 2 or 3 sleeps per week)
- Day shifts are between 7am - 11pm and sleeps are 11pm - 7am
- Mileage is paid at 25p per mile
Benefits (pro rota):
- You will be provided with an excellent training program with full support
- Great progression - all managers except 1 started off as support workers who are now managers!
- Will be given the chance to complete your NVQ / QCF
- 28 days holiday allowance which include bank holidays
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please call Jeet on 0117 9486300 or email your CV with the job reference number to: Jeet.Kaur @ BSSocialCare.co.uk - thank you and good luck with your job search
Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: Jeet Kaur-Sathi