Our Client is looking for a PA to join their team on a temporary assignment.
Main duties of this position, will be;
- To produce, type and process letters, reports and other documentation, both general and confidential
- To arrange meetings and functions, both internal and external, check availability of parties, arrange accommodation and hospitality as appropriate and issue reminders as necessary.
- Facilitate meetings and events, both internal and external, formulating and distributing agendas and collating supporting papers, arrange hospitality, equipment, provide minute taking and prepare and circulate minutes and action sheets.
- To ensure all paperwork/documents are available for attendance at meetings/functions/conferences, etc.
- Receive, filter/redirect all incoming telephone calls ensuring that they are dealt with in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner and arrange appropriate action as necessary. To act as a point of contact as appropriate.
- To open all incoming mail, evaluate and deal appropriately to ensure matters are dealt with promptly and efficiently and distribute all outgoing mail
- Photocopy and circulate/distribute documents. Collate return reports and information, issue reminders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain filing system & record file routing and all other routine and general office duties.
- Be in possession of RSA Word Processing Level 3 or equivalent experience in a similar role
Skills & Experience;
- Ability to do Shorthand (min 70 wpm)
- Ability to copy type
- Proficient experience in minute taking
- Previous secretarial experience and be able to touch type
- Comprehensive experience with Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Effective organisational skills
- Possess a professional telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise work and work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to present processed documents in a professional way, using available software
- Efficient interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people within and external to the Organisation
- Demonstrates the values and behaviours set out in the force Staff Charter and expecting others to follow this example
- Portrays a positive image of the Force and Service
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be discreate, impartial and reliable
Possess a full UK driving license as travel is required
£12.34 per hour
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this role apply today!