PA/ Administrator - MOD Andover - £10.35 per hour
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to: Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report Overseeing administrative procedures and processes Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources Preparing routine correspondence.
Typical qualifications and experience: Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent) NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience) Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Effectively maintain the diary for both Head of Capability Future Force Development & Head of Army Portfolio Office including making all appointments and liaising with outer office staffs from across Army HQ and wider Defence. Ensure diary meetings take place regularly and provide both Capability Directors with an up to date programme on a daily basis.
2. Coordinate all travel and accommodation requirements for both Cap Directors, where possible confirming flight bookings two weeks in advance of travel. Obtain visit programmes at least one week prior to any visits. Produce detailed visit coordination packs and liaise with Army HQ Transport Support Unit to ensure appropriate driver support.
3. Maintain filing systems. Filing to be completed within one month of receipt. Maintain daily brought forward system for action and tracking. Track and retrieve documents from electronic and paper filing systems.
4. Organise internal conferences, meetings and diary appointments. Source and book working lunches, book conference rooms, complete visitor's forms.
5. Prepare and dispatch mail, checking for accuracy. Dispatch mail as soon as possible after signing. Photocopy and fax documents as requested. Produce stationery i.e. letter headed paper, memorandums, business cards and compliment slips.
6. Coordinate Cap official entertainment schedule and input all hospitality entries into the hospitality book within a week of the hospitality.
7. To manage the Hospitality Book for both Directors.