My Public Sector Client based in Newcastle is looking for a PA to the director. The role is paying £12.95 and would be full time Mon-Fri with good office working hours.
The purpose of this role is to assist the client achieve its business objectives by providing an efficient and effective personal support service to client`s Directors. The post-holder will be responsible for providing high quality support to the Directors which will include: diary and in-box management, travel arrangements and commissioning and providing information to ensure the most efficient and effective use of Directors time.
In addition, the post-holder will play an active part in the directorate they are part of and will help ensure the delivery of projects and tasks undertaken by the Directors; develop strong relationships with internal and external contacts and provide resilience to the wider team which also supports the CEO and Board. This would also include providing cover for other directors PA`s to support non-working days and holidays
Occasional travel is required to support Directors at meetings and/or to provide support at Board and sub-committee meetings.
Potential candidates need to be able to:
- Provide a high level confidential secretarial and administrative support service to the Executive Team
- Monitor and prioritise emails.
- Facilitate and track requests for information on behalf of the Directors and where appropriate collate and present information
- Track actions on behalf of the Directors with attention to any deadlines/requests for information
- Manage and maintain a diary of meetings and commitments, minimising travel time, and maximising work time for the Directors
- Ensure Directors have necessary documentation in advance of scheduled meetings allowing sufficient time to prepare
- Make appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements in line with government guidelines
- Arrange internal and external meetings/events, ensuring requisite facilities are available
- Provide secretarial support to meetings as requested including the preparation of agendas, collation of papers, minute taking and follow up actions
- In conjunction with the Communications Team, track responses to correspondence, commissioning information if required, to ensure timely responses to external and internal contacts
- Ensure the provision and timely maintenance of information storage and retrieval systems, both electronic and paper based, having particular regard to security and confidentiality
If you feel you have proven and relevant experience and would be happy to be considered for this role, please send your CV through for consideration.