Packing Operative - Days
Location: Standlake - Witney - Oxfordshire
: Sun (06:00-18:00) Mon-Wed (06:00-16:30)
Hourly rate: £10.15 probation (going up to 10.50) and higher with VNA training & Loading
- Follow the company Health & Safety guidelines as outlined above
- Work with the packaging controller and other operatives to achieve service levels to the production department
- Ensure that all packaging lines are safely stored in the correct area of the warehouse
- Ensure the warehouse presentation standards are maintained
- Ensure pre start checks are complete, up-to-date, and accurate
- Ensure the company absence procedures are followed
- Ensure lines of communication are open to not only your line manager but also other departments
- Goods coming in to be managed with allocated slots and unloaded within a reasonable period
- Maintain pest control procedures which are in place for the Standlake site.
- Count and record stock levels where appropriate
- Ensure that one is ready to commence work at the defined start-time
- The jobholder should be open to working in different areas within the site as required
- Identify areas of inefficiency and waste, and suggest improvements to your line manager
- Be mindful of product quality, integrity and traceability. Ensure work is completed to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed. Report any concerns to the Packaging Team Leader
- The site is committed to being "audit-ready" at all times. Therefore it is imperative that site hygiene, health & safety, and document control are all in line with customer specifications at all times
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers
The demands of the business may change in line with customer requirements and changes may be made to the above guidelines. The jobholder should be flexible to the changing demands of the business.
Training and Education:
The jobholder may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder's previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
- Health & Safety
- VNA forklift driver training
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today!