Location: Leeds City Centre, LS1
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 per annum
Hours: Monday-Friday - 9am-5.30pm (37.5 hours)
This is a full-time permanent position.
Responsibilities of Paralegal:
- Carry out office administration, including billing and writing letters
- Organise diaries, schedule meetings and respond to telephone queries
- Write first document drafts and proofread documents
- Analyse and input data, write articles for internal or external circulation
- Organise case files, attend court inquests, transcribe legal opinion and compile litigation bundles
- Network with clients and build valuable relationships
- Write reports, conduct legal research, take witness statements and attend meetings with experts or claimants - usually the duties of a more experienced paralegal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks or caseloads
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Administrative skills for tasks such as filing, typing and letter writing
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Desire to develop your understanding of the law
- Good teamwork skills particularly when working with other departments to complete your tasks
- Although not essential, database certifications such as LexisNexis or Westlaw would be desirable
We are working quickly to fill this post and arrange interviews. If you are interested in applying, please click apply now!
Unfortunately, due to the amount of responses we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 3-5 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.