We are currently working with a Law Firm based in Gloucester, seeking a Paralegal to join their Conveyancing department starting as soon as possible on a full time, permanent basis. You'll be joining a well established firm with offices throughout the UK.
The Conveyancing team that you will be joining are a group of passionate individuals, keen to support their long standing and new clients. The team have won a number of awards for their work to date and only recruit the best people to join them.
Due to expansion, this Law Firm are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic Paralegal to support a dedicated Fee Earner alongside a Legal Assistant. You will be responsible for:
- Updating clients and introducers on the progress of matters
- Supporting the Fee Earner with all aspects of raising and responding to enquiries
- Ordering searches
- Interrogating responses and reporting to clients as well as dealing with pre-exchange and completion issues
As the successful candidate, you will have the following skills and experience:
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Exposure to a Law Firm environment with prior residential conveyancing or wider property knowledge
- Knowledge of sales, purchase and re-mortgage processes
- Able to run a caseload of sales files with appropriate supervision
- Exposure to working within a service driven team environment
- A competent user of IT systems including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure within given time frames
Ideally, you will be educated to Degree level, holding a Law degree graded 2:1 or above, although this is not essential for the right candidate.
The firm offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package including:
- 24 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- Additional annual leave rising with service including a 1 month sabbatical after 10 years
- 'Spotlight' awards for going above and beyond plus 'Employee of the Year' awards
- Teambuilding, sporting and social events throughout the year
- Study support programme
- Training contract provider
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Discount off Conveyancing fees
- 20% discount off Laithwaites
- Staff referral scheme
- Dress down Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with exposure to the Legal world, looking for the next step in your career. If you fit the above profile, please apply now and we will be in touch.