The GDPR Enquiries Team
Established in February 2018 to assist with the GDPR customer re-contracting exercise, the GDPR Enquiries Team have worked with the Chief Counsel's team across the key business units to deal with customer queries regarding the GDPR Addendum.
Position Title: GDPR Paralegal Team Member
Position Type: Contract, TBC
Role Purpose/ Summary: To provide efficient and informative responses to customer queries across all business units as part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) customer re-contracting project.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Responding to and acting as a first point of contact for customer queries via Email, pursuant to the GDPR Playbook and team know-how.
- Facilitating colleagues across the business with GDPR Addendum related concerns.
- Identifying who should be responsible to respond to customer queries in line with the GDPR Decision Tree.
- Liaising with internal colleagues, such as Account Managers, the Privacy office and Business Operations to gather required information to enable a suitable response to the customer.
- Utilising and updating our records via the Service Now system to show each customer engagement.
- Responsible for meeting excellent service expectations whilst fostering customer relationships with respect to GDPR.
- Updating team shared knowledge resources on new or challenging topics.
- Building a good rapport with the General Counsel team for each business unit and the Privacy team.
- Liaising with foreign language lawyers to assist with queries and specific customers.
- Developing a good understanding of each business unit, and their different approaches to the customer re-contracting project.
- Prioritising queries and assisting with the management of the team inbox.
- Developing and maintaining a good understanding of the GDPR.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Capable of prioritising and managing own workload.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with people across all levels.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Previous experience of working within a team, with a good understanding of the purpose of GDPR and the importance and consequences of non-compliance.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Undergraduate Law Degree; or
- Undergraduate Degree in a subject other than Law and Graduate Diploma in Law.