We have an exciting Paralegal opportunity to join our client the Government Legal Department (GLD). This is a long term temporary role lasting 12 months
If you have experience being a paralegal or have recently left law school/University with a law degree then this may be the opportunity for you
- Location: Working from home but then a hybrid model will be introduced where you will work some days in the office and some days at home - the office will be based in Leeds City Centre or London -
- Hours: Monday- Friday 37.5 hours a week -
- Assignment length: Until the end of July 2022 (may be extended subject to business requirements)
- Salary: £10.21 but this raises to £12.83 after 12 weeks (Annually £25,018)
Who are the GLD?
The GLD are the government's principal legal advisers.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide a high quality and cost effective administrative and paralegal support service to the team.
To be accountable for all aspects of each allocated task from outset to job completion.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to case holding. You will need to be well organised and able to take the initiative and work closely with others and have good oral and written communications skills.
The role will include:
- Provide legal litigation support by corresponding with courts, clients, counsel, experts and witnesses in furtherance of legal claims as directed.
- Understand the CPR and carry out administrative functions under the rules when instructed by a lawyer/case holder
- Carry out simple investigations into claims.
- Prepare instructions/briefs for Counsel, Agents, Experts and Investigators.
- Prepare summary assessments of costs for court.
- Prepare, file and serve straightforward court applications.
- Preparing draft witness statements and list of documents
- Photocopying and preparing bundles
- Prepare redactions to documents under direction of lawyers.
- Maintaining electronic records in Case Management System
- Assist with the maintenance of core databases.
- Arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, taking minutes at team meetings
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply or send your CV to me directly