Our client located at Lancaster Farms Prison is seeking an experienced part time admin assistant. This is a temporary positon for minimum of 6 weeks based over 4 days. The hours of work have flexibility however mornings are preferred.
The job holder will provide administrative support to ensure the safe and secure keeping of prisoners' files, past and present and to action requests in a timely manner to aid effective record keeping in line with local procedures.
This is a non-operational job with no line management responsibilities
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
* Undertake filing on a daily basis to provide effective record keeping in line with local procedures
* Request and receive information/records from other establishments
* Store records appropriately/forward the back record or abscond record to the requesting establishment in a timely manner
* Send, collect and distribute faxes to appropriate staff
* Deliver and collect post where appropriate
* Maintain the filing system of the previous years files so they are moved to archive and the oldest archive years files are sent for destruction in accordance with required standards (e.g. data protection)
Undertake other administrative tasks including:
* Provide administrational assistance in area of work
* Maintain accurate filing system for area of work
* Respond to queries relating to area of work, redirecting where required
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
All candidates are subject to security and identity checks prior to taking up post
All external candidates are subject to 6 months' probation.
All staff are required to declare whether they are a member of a group or organisation which the Prison Service considers to be racist