I am delighted to be representing my Durham based client in the search for a Book Keeper to join their growing team.
This is a Part time permanent position.
Hours Monday to Friday 9 am till 5pm
Salary is negotiable
This opportunity is to work in a small accountancy practice providing accountancy services to local small businesses within the community.
This is a comprehensive role with a lot of variety, with opportunities to meet and work with a wide range of different clients and business types.
General bookkeeping for clients and accounting duties to include:
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirer and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the telephone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Processing invoices, receipts and payments
- Prepare statements showing income and expenditure
- Completing VAT returns
- Help to prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets (up to ETB)
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public
- The person will maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Potential for growth to Accounting technician- Additional training will be provided where necessary
- Applicants must be comfortable working in a team environment and need to have strong communication skills.
The successful applicant must be able to work to deadlines and must be IT literate. Competence with Microsoft Office products is essential, especially with use of MS-Excel. Applicants should also be competent with computer/cloud based accounting systems (QuickBooks Online or similar).