We are currently working with a company based in Woking town centre, seeking a part time Bookkeeper or Accountant to join them on a permanent basis. You will be working 18-20 hours p/w and these hours can be flexibly worked across the working week depending on what suits you. As the sole Bookkeeper/Accountant for this business, you must be capable of working alone in a finance position and be able to reference examples of your lone working capability. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and remote working is available however you are expected in the office for at least 1 day a week (covid secure).
To be considered for this part time position, you will be an all-rounder in Bookkeeping/Accounting plus:
- Good expertise within a finance/accounting capacity and ideally hold an AAT qualification (AAT not essential based on experience)
- Intermediate/advanced Excel user
- Working knowledge of Xero (not essential for the right applicant)
- Expertise in reconciliations
- Good working ability with sales and purchase ledger invoices/receipts/payments
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Updating weekly financial and budgeting spreadsheets
- Daily bank posting and reconciliations
- Petty cash and credit card journal posting
- Processing sales ledger invoices and receipts
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and payments
- Processing and paying staff expenses
- Bi-monthly payroll runs
- Credit control
- Keeping payroll records and liaising with external payroll company
- Payroll journal posting
- Monthly pension filing
- Year end/audit preparation
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Medical insurance (including dental and optical)
- Regular sports massage and weekly yoga sessions
Hours: approx 18 p/w
Salary: £26,000-£30,000 pro rata
Interview process: first stage telephone interviews will be held this week on Thursday and Friday, followed by a face to face interview in the Woking office next Thursday and Friday.
Ideally the successful applicant will be available to start by Monday 14th December.
If you fit the above profile and are looking to secure a new position with a forward thinking and versatile company before Christmas, please apply now!