Customer Services Account Executive (Part-time)
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a local employer in Southampton who is looking for a strong Customer Services professional to cover a Part-Time Customer Services role
About the role:
The Customer Service Account Manager owns the relationship for all customers within their allocated portfolio or territory. They will be responsible for ensuring that the everyday requirements of their customers are fully achieved on time and right first time, and will manage all aspects of the taking, processing and fulfilment of orders and resolving queries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth and retention of the accounts within their portfolio including product /service penetration. They must act responsible and be aware of any overdue debt and if there are any underlying problems causing this.
The Customer Service Account Manager is also required to attain a detailed knowledge of the operation and benefits of the Business Management System, thus enabling them to promote and develop the service to existing and potential customers.
The role is part-time, 20 hours per week, across 5 days. Proposed timings are 10.00-2.30pm (with half an hour lunch) or 10am-2.00pm (with no break). There is some flexibility that could be applied to these timings.
Main responsibilities include:
- Development of existing customer relationships through proactive contact via the telephone, and at meetings providing a personalised service.
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the account and be the main point of contact for their customer.
- Liaise with and assist finance to resolve any account/debt issues.
- Compilation of quotations, both paper and electronic
- Inputting of orders into the in-house systems.
- Accurate maintenance of customer and vessel records.
- Record and resolve all complaints effectively.
- Acquisition of a thorough knowledge of all in-house services
- Provision of cover for peers during absence.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other task determined necessary by line management.
- Upselling within your accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction and therefore customer retention
- Support regional offices with regard to Regs4ships enquiries
Who's right for the job?
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, clear, confident and professional telephone manner, strong objection handling skills and the ability to excel under pressure.
As a key member of a dynamic team, the successful candidate will have customer service and possess a passion for providing an excellent customer experience and a drive to progress and succeed.
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- Computer literate
- Proven track record in customer service with particular emphasis on sales
- High level of skills in communication, both written and verbal
- Confident articulate telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Numerate - capable of constructing quotes and controlling financial aspect of customer accounts
- Previous experience in the shipping/marine industry would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary of approximately £9,734 per year (pro-rata).
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice(at)Brookstreet.co.uk.