A local employer in Southampton is looking for a strong Customer Services individual to cover a Part Time Customer Services role, 20 hours a week over 5 days ideally working 10-2 or 10-2.30 with a 30min break. For a 12 month Maternity contract.
The Customer Service Manager owns the relationship for all customers within their allocated portfolio or territory. They will be responsible for ensuring that the everyday requirements of their customers are fully achieved on time and right first time, and will manage all aspects of the taking, processing and fulfilment of orders and resolving queries.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for the growth and retention of the accounts within their portfolio including product /service penetration.
The Customer Service Manager must act responsible and be aware of any overdue debt and if there are any underlying problems causing this.
The Customer Service Manager is required to attain a detailed knowledge of the operation and benefits of the Business Management System, thus enabling them to promote and develop the service to existing and potential customers.
* Development of existing customer relationships through proactive contact via the telephone, and at meetings providing a personalised service.
* Responsibility for the day to day running of the account and be the main point of contact for their customer.
* Liaise with and assist finance to resolve any account/debt issues.
* Compilation of quotations, both paper and electronic
* Inputting of orders into the in-house systems.
* Accurate maintenance of customer and vessel records.
* Record and resolve all complaints effectively.
* Acquisition of a thorough knowledge of all in-house services
* Provision of cover for peers during absence.
* Travel within the UK and overseas may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
* Any other task determined necessary by line management.
* Upselling within your accounts
* Ensure customer satisfaction and therefore customer retention
* Support regional offices with regard to Regs4ships enquiries
* The job holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
* It also places a duty on employees to cooperate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company invoking the disciplinary procedure.
* Computer literate
* Proven track record in customer service with particular emphasis on sales
* High level of skills in communication, both written and verbal
* Confident articulate telephone manner
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Numerate - capable of constructing quotes and controlling financial aspect of customer accounts
* Previous experience in the shipping/marine industry would be advantageous
This role is paying £9.35 per hour based on a pro rated salary £9730