We are currently seeking a part time Finance officer to join our team based in Coventry for a 3 months temporary contract
Job Title: Part Time Finance Officer
Location: Coventry (CV1 City Centre)
Pay: £11.00 - £14.50 per hour depending on experience
Hours: 14 - 18 hours per week (flexibility required)
Duration: 3 months
Your main duties will include:
1. To take overall responsibility for ensuring the effective use of the accounts package (currently Xero).
2. To take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the payroll system (12 Pay) and to liaise with the Office and Personnel Manager for information on staff appointments, sickness and absences.
3. To liaise with accountants regarding the independent examination of annual accounts.
4. To provide regular financial reports as required by the Chief Executive, Management Board and funding bodies.
5. To keep, collate, and present necessary financial information to meet the various financial monitoring requirements.
6. To assist the Chief Executive in the development of budgets for new and existing projects.
7. To be responsible for ensuring that all staff comply with the existing system requirements, controls, policy and procedures in relation to financial matters and to review and update procedures as appropriate.
8. Overall responsibility for the processing of invoices and credit control in order to maintain positive cash flow by the close monitoring of income and expenditure.
9. Take responsibility for the regular and complete banking of all monies received.
10. To liaise with debtors, creditors, the bank, and any other third party to resolve queries of a financial nature.
11. To work closely with the Office and Personnel Manager when tendering for new contractors/suppliers or when purchasing equipment/services.
We will be conducting a 1 stage interview with an immediate start to the selected candidate.
If interested then APPLY NOW and expect a call to process your application. Please note that if you have not been contacted within 5 working days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, Brook Street may contact you about alternative vacancies we have on offer.