Brook Street are currently representing a fantastic organisation and are recruiting for a Library Assistant to join them on a temporary part time basis in Leek, with an immediate start available.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of their team, to contribute towards and maintain the top-quality service they offer to library users.
Role - Part Time Library Assistant
Location - Leek
Hours - 14 hours per week (Tuesday, Thursday & Friday)
Duration - Until 18/12/21, possibility of extension.
Rate of pay - £9.05 per hour
To be successful in this role candidates must be able to demonstrate a great level of customer service/communication skills as well as the ability to learn and use new systems. If you thrive off providing an excellent service as a part of a highly motivated team then this could be ideal for you!
The function of the Library Assistant role is mainly to provide support to library users and help to create an inclusive environment that allows all users to make the most of the facilities available to them. This will be achieved by working as a team with other library support staff to ensure all users are able to access support and have a friendly point of contact should they need assistance.
Role responsibilities -
- Respond to queries face-to-face, over the phone and via email. Offering support and guidance to library users.
- Providing information and advice where needed.
- Understand the needs of library users and refer to other library support teams where necessary.
- Provide basic administrative support when needed.
- Show a comprehensive understanding of GDPR laws and regulations.
Candidate requirements -
- Previous experience in a customer service role or similar role with transferable communication skills.
- Comfortable with basic aspects of IT use and able to learn new systems.
- Administrative is desirable but not essential.
- Take ownership of their work and actively seek solutions to problems they face.
If you are looking for a part time role where you can help others and contribute to an excellent learning environment for all users, then this could be the role for you. This role will be based in Leek so the ability to get to this location regularly is essential.
If you're interested in the Library Assistant role then apply now to send your CV across to one of our consultants and we will be in touch to discuss this further.