Office Administrator (Part-time) - £8,000 (Pro-rata)
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for an independent Funeral Directors based in the Southampton area that are looking to bring in two experienced and emotionally intelligent part-time Office Administrators.
About the role:
The successful Administrator / Receptionist will work split shifts one week on, one week off as per the below example:
Wednesday 3rd April 12pm to 4pm,
Thursday 4th April 10am to 4pm
Friday 5th April 10am to 4pm
Monday 8th April 10am to 4pm
Tuesday 9th April 10am to 4pm
Wednesday 10th April 10am - 1pm
Then one week off and start again on 17th April.
Key duties of the role will include, but are not limited to the below.
- Discuss requirements with our client and advise suitability, taking into account regulations, design etc. and quote for the work. Prepare all documentation and liaise with stonemasons, cemetery authorities etc. Arrange interment of ashes if required.
- Order memorials and work to be done, checking details when the order is confirmed and advising our client when the work has been completed.
- Record all cash and other types of donations and send them to the appropriate charities. Send acknowledgement letters to donors. Send details to our client.
- Take initial details of the deceased and ensure that these are passed on to enable timely removal from the place of death.
- Take instructions from the next of kin or executor regarding the funeral arrangements, advising where appropriate. Liaise with crematorium / cemetery authorities, celebrants, churches, florists etc. Prepare all relevant documentation and ensure all details are recorded and passed on as necessary, bearing in mind the need for confidentiality.
- Show doctors through to the mortuary to enable them to examine the deceased. On occasions, place the deceased in the chapel for viewing and comfort the family as necessary.
- On occasions getting chapel of rest ready for a family to view
- Writing correspondence via letter and email (e.g. Funeral Estimates and letters to the families)
- Entering computer data, maintaining accurate information, filing, photocopying, franking, faxing.
- Efficiently answering / making telephone calls and taking of clear and concise messages.
- Taking of payments by cash, cheque and card. Paying invoices.
- Using computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and a bespoke funeral package.
- Diary management and attending meetings (sometimes outside of 10am-4pm office hours)
- Looking after families of the deceased
- Out of Hour telephone cover over a weekend - twice a year
- Sickness/Holiday cover where required
- Maintaining a clean and presentable office
- Other duties as required
Who's right for the job?
The ideal candidate will come from a strong administrative background, will be able to adapt well to different circumstances, will work in a team, and will work well under pressure. You will be competent using Microsoft Office including word, outlook and Excel. You will also have a caring and empathetic personality and will be able to portray this both on the telephone and face-to-face.
Previous experience in working for a funeral director or similar environment in addition to bookkeeping experience will also be advantageous.
- Empathetic and Caring personality is key
- You will possess a calm and professional telephone manner at all times
- At least 1 years Administration and or receptionist experience in a professional organisation
- You will be articulate and well-presented (no tattoos which cannot be hidden)
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a busy / high pressure environment.
- Grades A-C at GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Be a proficient user of MS Office packages
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- A flexible approach to tasks
- Must possess a clean driving license
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary of approximately £8,000 per year (pro-rata) in addition to all the normal company benefits.
Let's get started!
Our client is looking to hold interviews the immediately with a start as soon as possible following that.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.