Payroll Liaison Officer - Part time (18.75 hours weekly) - North West London - £16,785 per annum
My client is an established Private Hospital based in the North West of London looking for a part time Payroll liaison officer to join their small but effective accounts team. This is a busy hospital with a large headcount and therefore there is an outsourced company who you would work in conjunction to ensure all aspects of the payroll service to hospital employees are provided promptly and accurately. This role is offering flexible work hours meaning yourself and the other liaison officer will alternate Monday- Friday between yourselves.
- Sole responsibility that the hospitals two payroll's are processed.
- Manage the relationship between the Hospital and the outsourced payroll service provider and attend regular service review meetings as the subject matter expert.
- Review the monthly KPI's and performance of the service delivery provider, escalating any issues of non-performance to The Financial Controller
- Work with the outsourcer to design and build end to end process improvements and workload efficiency's for payroll processing across the hospital
- Collate and consolidate all timesheets for Bank staff (fortnightly paid) and permanent staff (monthly paid) and send to NGAHR for processing in accordance with the published timetables. Liaise with HoDs and managers to check accuracy and ensure timely submission.
- Respond to any NGAHR timesheet queries.
- Resolve any internal timesheet process issues.
- Handle all aspects of government approved salary sacrifice schemes and internal process before submission of the details to NGAHR including making the initial tax assessment to determine the maximum amount that can be paid to the employee, running reports and making the payment to the provider.
- Notify NGAHR of any Court Orders or NIC exemption / reduction certificates received.
- Notify NGAHR of any employees who opt of the default Auto Enrolment pension scheme and advising NGAHR of any refund of contributions that may be due.
- Run periodic reports to a very rigid timetable to enable pension scheme membership data and pension contribution files to be uploaded into various pension scheme providers' portals. - Reconciling the data with the general ledger and correcting any errors before making payment to the scheme providers by the allotted deadline.
- Adhering to the wide ranging scheme changes introduced by the NHS pension and providing membership and contribution information on a quarterly and annually basis.
- Sole responsibility for the end to end internal P11D process, liaising with NGAHR regarding any corrections and completing the annual P11D(b) return and raising a payment requisition for any Class 1A NIC liability
- Calculate out of cycle advances and arranging internal payment and notifying NGAHR of the amount to be recovered.
- Liaise with NGAHR to ensure all payments for leavers are processed.
- To lead the annual pay review process in terms of providing any new bands / annual pay rates / hourly rates to NGAHR and bulk uploads of Spot Salary changes
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Payroll legislation and processing to enable the post holder to quickly check any error / warning messages received and establish any remedial action to take.
- Liaise with HR and Finance to resolve how any overpayments.
other tasks include:
- Be the first point of contact for all payslip related pay queries.
- Run periodic payroll and general ledger / costing reports.
- Issue Form SMP1 / SSP1 forms for refusal of statutory payments when the employee does not qualify for them.
-A working background in processing payrolls for a large number of employees.
- Processing timesheets accurately in a timely manner.
- Strong Excel.
- Knowledge of pensions and HMRC.
- Employment background with large organisations.