I am recruiting for a Part Time Senior Customer Service Coordinator to work for an extremely well known, reputable and invaluable palliative care hospice charity who are based in Solihull; this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role where your help and support makes a real difference to people`s lives and my client are offering an attractive salary.
You will be responsible for the planning, organising and coordination of care for the charity`s patients; this will include liaising directly with patients, families, volunteers, nurses and hospices. You will be in control of ensuring that care is arranged for the patients and the whole process is planned from initial requests right through to the care being provided. You will be of an empathetic and caring nature with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
This position will be working between the hours of 8am - 10pm (number of hours daily is open for negotiation) including weekends and bank holidays on a shift basis which is planned 4 weeks in advance. They are flexible with hours, from 15-25 hours a week (2 to 5 days a week).
You will be working for a long standing, well known and established charity that operate on a national level and offer in home and hospice care and support to people with a terminal illness and their families.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- A mixture of administrative and customer service duties
- Answer telephone enquiries from the general public and health professionals, dealing sensitively with distressed callers, seeking advice from senior colleagues where necessary
- Responsible for leading and supporting the co-ordination and booking of the care for Nursing Services, Hospice and Helper services as required
- Liaise with Hospice Staff, Nurses and volunteers, District Nurses and their Managers, patients` and patients` families and carers, ensuring the care and support is booked as required
- Undertaking general administration of the computer system, to ensure that accurate computer records are maintained for referrals, nurse allocation, cancellations, packages of care and financial data
- Co-ordination of last minute changes advised by the Clinical Nurse Manager and Senior Nurse
- Deal with the investigation of complaints and issues as and when required
- Flexible with working hours
- Experienced within administration and customer service
- Previous experience of planning, organising and coordinating workload would be ideal
- A customer focussed individual with the ability to build a quick rapport/relationship over the phone with various different people/professions
- Exceptional listening skills & telephone communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Must be a genuine, conscientious, patient and ethical in nature
- Be able to show empathy on phone
- Adaptable approach to meet client needs (e.g. Sensitivity, patience, friendliness, empathy and efficiency)
- Attention to detail and strong data inputting skills
Part time hours are available working between the hours of 8am and 10pm this will include weekends and bank holidays and is on a rota basis, they are open to people working between 2-5 days a week, 15 to 25 hours.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY YOU IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £19422 annual salary (based on 35 hours) - £10.67 p/h
- 33 Days holiday (pro rata`d for part time) including bank holidays*
- Subsidised canteen
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Car parking
- Progression opportunities
*This position will require bank holiday working, if you work a bank holiday, you will receive the day in lieu at another time.
Please send your CV and call Charlie or Adam on 0121 643 6954
*If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion