Are you looking for a part-time role with fixed shifts that work around your current commitments and lifestyle? Want a role that gives you job satisfaction and career progression but leaves you free to enjoy your weekends?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Here at Domestic & General we are excited to announce that we now have part-time hours available within our Customer Support sales team.
About the Role
This vacancy is in our multi-skilled Customer Support sales team, meaning that you'll be the first point of contact for all customers who call us with warranty and insurance related queries. You'll provide excellent customer service and use your sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
We are offering part-time fixed shifts with hours you can choose from, ranging from 16 up to 35 hours per week between 13:00 - 22:00 with no weekend work. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING TRAINING SCHEDULE:
We want you to have the best induction possible so we will require you to join a 5 day (Monday - Friday) full-time training induction, starting on the 15th July and taking place between the hours of 09:00 - 17:30. There will also be two follow up training dates on 25th July 09:00 -17:30 and the 1st August 09:00 - 17:30 that we would need you to attend.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen. So, what's happening?
- In November 2018 we started work on a £1.4m Office Refurbishment in Brighton, which we completed in early 2019, giving all our employees a truly world class office to work in
- We've just launched a brand-new Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers. Agents can move up through the levels from day one and will be rewarded with more senior job titles, more time off the phone for development and a huge £1,150 in rewards (in addition to the regular bonuses)
- We've also just launched Exchange, which is a forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It will give colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
A skilled customer service and sales professional, you'll thrive on beating sales targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed. You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can be resilient and show a great team spirit! Experience working in a call centre environment, or in a targeted sales or customer service workplace would be beneficial, but not essential.
The most successful Customer Support Representatives champion the customer voice and pride themselves on customer satisfaction. They enjoy healthy competition and combining excellent service with the ability to meet sales targets and offer customers products which meet their needs. With plenty of energy and commitment, you'll always strive to do your very best.
Working in a sales team of up to 15 Customer Support Representatives, you'll enjoy a vibrant workplace in a fantastic city centre location.
Salary & Bonuses
- A highly competitive £19,800 starting salary (Pro rata) with a pay increase after six months to £21,683 (Pro rata)
- Bonus earning potential of up to £2,295 per annum Pro rata (this is in addition to the Agent Progression Programme mentioned above)
- 33 days' annual leave (Pro rata) (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Cycle to Work scheme - up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories with an option to purchase the bike at a lower cost
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Free Wi-Fi, hot drinks and fresh fruit
- Discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Great employee discounts at local shops, gyms and restaurants
Interviews are available immediately so if you're interested, please submit your application today!
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street Plc, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.