Payroll Administrator - £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
Do you have experience running a Payroll desk?
Are you looking for a new Payroll based position with a worldwide company?
My client is looking for a full time Payroll Administrator to join their team as soon as possible!
Brook Street are proud to be working with a well-established Software provider based in Southampton. Due to growth our client are looking to expand their team and bring in an experienced Payroll Administrator to their finance team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a worldwide company who provide to some of the world`s leading retailers with financial solutions.
Who's right for the job?
The job will be fast paced from the get go, where you will need to be organised, honest and discrete when handling confidential financial information. You will need to have brilliant experience using and a sound knowledge base of Sage Payroll software and Microsoft Excel. The role will require someone who has previously dealt with HMRC, Pensions and Tax including year-end procedures. Outside of the Payroll period you will be required to assist with the Purchase Ledger and Financial team's routines.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Processing Starter and leaver administration
- HMRC Tax code and other changes
- Monthly collation of timesheet data and application to Sage Payroll software
- Monthly calculation of taxable staff benefits and application to Sage payroll software
- Monthly FPS to HMRC
- Monthly calculation and application of Pension contributions to Sage Payroll and onward submission to Pension Provider. Pension administration/letters/correspondence.
- Creating file for salary payments, payments to HMRC and Pension provider
- Other payroll areas such as CCV, Share option tax calculations, private mileage claim back, paternity/maternity, apprenticeship levy
- Monthly reconciliations of salary/tax/NI accounts
- Monthly Payroll journals
- Adhoc reporting from the Sage software
- Tax year end routines, P60, pensions, tax code changes
- Responding to staff questions relating to Payroll/Pension
- Liaise with HR Partner
- Outside of the payroll period; Collation, querying and posting of expense claims to the Purchase Ledger accounts
- Assisting with other Purchase ledger routines
- Other adhoc exercises to assist the Financial team
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of £18,000 to £22,000, depending on experience. Working hours are Monday - Friday, starting at 9am and finishing at 5:30pm. They also offer free parking for those of you that drive!
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged straight away. This will involve a two stage interview process including an initial phone call interview.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .