I am recruiting for a Payroll Administrator on a fixed term contract basis (4-6 months) for a business based close to Hixon. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading globally recognised engineering specialist who are offering an attractive salary of circa £24,000 and the opportunity of ongoing remote based working (office likely to be once a week).
Working within the Finance team you will be providing payroll admin support to the Payroll Manager and the Finance team. You will be responsible for processing/calculating weekly timesheets for circa 450 employees for preparation of weekly and monthly payroll runs completed on Sage 50 Payroll including statutory payments, holiday pay, expenses and pension contributions. You will also be the point of contact for general payroll queries, resolving as you can or escalating if needed.
Please note this role offers the opportunity to work remotely on an ongoing basis with the expectation of working in the office once a week.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with processing the payrolls of up to 450 employees
- Full end to end weekly and monthly payroll/timesheet calculation and processing
- Processing timesheets into accounts programme
- Using SAP to allocate costs and Sage 50 Payroll to generate payroll files
- Administer manual calculations for all statutory payments and deductions (including tax, NI, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay and Paternity pay schemes)
- Processing employee expenses and holiday payments
- Process manual payroll calculation (Gross/Net)
- Inputting of payroll data on to spreadsheets
- Recording of employees overseas working
- Pensions administration
- Manage payroll administration duties
- Processing starters and leavers
- Identify, evaluate and address payroll issues
- Dealing with queries from employees and resolving them as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Working in a confidential environment and used to data protection legislation
- 1+ year full end-end payroll processing/administration experience
- Manual payroll calculation knowledge
- Strong understanding of payroll legislation
- Excellent communication skills with experience of answering general and complex queries, both written and verbal
- Numerical minded with strong IT skills and proficient user of MS Excel
- SAGE 50 payroll and SAP knowledge would be ideal or experience with a similar payroll system
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work on your own initiative and able to prioritise your work load as well as working well within a team
- Flexible and proactive
- Able to stay calm under pressure
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE END-END PAYROLL PROCESSING EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £24000 annual salary dependant on experience (pro rata for the length of your contract)
- Fixed term contract, likely to be 4-6 months
- Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.00 (37.5 hour working week)
- 28 days holiday including all bank holiday days off
- 5% employee contribution and 4% company contribution pension scheme
- Free onsite car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Melissa on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***