Brook Street are working with a reputable Financial Services company. Are you a Payroll Assistant based locally to Exeter wanting a new challenge? If so we want to hear from you!
The purpose of this role will be to assist the payroll team to meet all payroll deadlines and client expectations in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To assist with processing over 300 client payrolls.
- To process multiple pay frequencies, reports and RTI.
- To complete the month end and year end duties, P60's, P45's.
- Update controls and follow internal processes.
- To manage the maintenance of all payroll records ensuring that records are filed in an
- accurate and timely manner.
- To process Auto Enrolment pensions to meet legal obligations including enrolment, re
- enrolment and completion of the declaration
- Setting up payroll, CIS & Pension schemes
- Prepare payroll calculations such as holiday pay, statutory payments and redundancy pay.
Person Specifications Essential
- Payroll knowledge and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent numerical skills to enable & perform payroll calculations & reconciliations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a sole capacity at times using own initiative and able to make decisions with confidence
- Good organisation & communication skills
- Professional, confident telephone manner
- Intermediate Excel/Outlook/Word skills
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Knowledge of Sage 50 payroll
- Knowledge of NEST & SMART Pensions.
- Efficient & very well organised
- Customer focused
- Happy to assist with ad-hock duties when needed
- Flexibility to suit needs of the department.
If you feel like this could be the opportunity for you then please do apply or email with your CV for further details.