The Leicestershire Police Force is recruiting for an individual to join the payroll team on a temporary basis for 12 months. The role is part time (18.25 hours per week).
Job Role / Purpose:
To support the Finance Department in the provision of a pro-active Payroll service for the force.
1. To be educated to "A" level standard and to hold GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths or demonstrate ability to the above level by work experience.
2. To be qualified or studying for AAT level 4 or Foundation Degree Payroll Professional qualification.
3. Experience of working within a large complex financial environment; with some specific knowledge and experience of fulfilling a payroll finance support role.
4. Demonstrate extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level and Payroll systems and an understanding of Payroll/Pensions reconciliation including overpayments.
5. Demonstrate well developed analytical skills, and the ability to pro-actively respond to pension/payroll issues as they arise.
6. Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues, including involving other team members to create an environment that engenders team work.
7. Demonstrates the ability to remain calm under pressure, to prioritise in order to maintain the quality of work and achieve deadlines.
8. Demonstrates the ability to provide a high quality service to individuals and departments we serve, which includes the ability to manage customer expectations and a commitment to the provision of quality services and customer care.
9. Demonstrate good communication skills to deal effectively with a variety of potential stakeholders and engage in discussions in a clear and concise manner that is directed and understandable to individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge.
Responsibilities (Please see ful job spec):
Prepare, monitor and report upon the financial position using appropriate means of communication and financial analysis thus ensuring effective and efficient payroll control is maintained.
Review and monitor performance of suppliers/systems and inform the Payroll Manager of any areas of concern.
Prepare overpayment analysis and pension reports with a specific focus on communicating technical financial/Payroll information to non-financial stakeholders.
To populate templates and upload data into the payroll system as and when required.
Identify Issues of non-compliance with HMRC regulations, technical accounting requirements and legal requirements.
Provision of professional support and advice to team members, with a clear focus on obtaining best value, and best use of resources for the force.
Assist in the management and co-ordination of the monthly and annual returns in accordance with the force's performance targets whilst ensuring contractual obligations to the Home Office and other partners are met.
Assist in the management and co-ordination of the collection of debt collection / recovery processes in liaison with employees/Human Resources Service Centre (HRSC).
To ensure that the provision of detailed up to date advice and guidance that officers / staff of the organisation understand and comply with the HMRC/Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)/Police Pension Scheme (PPS) regulations.
Assist in the management and co-ordination of monthly reconciliations.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in working for the Police, please apply. The successful candidate will be required to go through Police vetting checks which can take 4-6 weeks approx. You must have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years to be eligible for Police vetting checks.