Brook Street is the chosen recruitment partner to Public Sector employers throughout the UK.
We have a position for a Payroll Officer in the Swansea area on a full-time, long-term temporary basis. This role will involve the successful candidate providing general administrative and payroll support in a busy environment. This is a full-time position on a Maternity Contract basis until approximately August 2019.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach, as no two days are the same
- Professional attitude towards work, maintaining a professional approach to all customers
- Ability to work independently
- Previous payroll experience evidenced on their CV
Duties of this role include:
- General payroll processes and procedures
- Act as first point of contact for all staff queries regarding payroll, providing support; investigating, analysing and resolving disputes, and escalating issues to the Senior Financial Control Manager where necessary.
The successful candidate will be working for a busy UK Government department, which requires a high level of clearance checks. This will include Criminal Record checks (DBS Checks), Reference Checks (3 years), Address checks (3 years) and may involve us obtaining Character references to cover periods of unemployment.
Once the successful candidate has been offered the role, these checks will commence. These normally take anything from 7 days to 28 days, depending on how quickly we can obtain this information for clearance.
Benefits of this role include:
- Weekly pay
- Increased pay rates after 12 weeks
- Increased annual leave allowance after 12 weeks
Please note this is a temporary assignment, and your employer would be Brook Street and not our Public Sector client.
For further details please apply via the Apply Now link below and should your CV match the requirements of our client we will be in touch with further details. We do endeavour to contact all applicants, both successful and unsuccessful within 10 working days of your application.
Please be advised that we meet all suitable candidates and you will need to register with us through our website. If you are successful, you will be invited in to our office to register fully to commence the compliance checks.