We are looking for a Payroll Officer to work for our client within the Department of Health based in Leeds City Centre. The is a long term temporary position.
Hours: Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm
Pay: Starts at £9.08 and increase to £11.82 after 12 weeks
You will be part of the small Payroll team, which sits within the Finance Directorate based in Leeds. The function of the team is to provide payroll services to the Department of Health in conjunction with our third party payroll provider.
Key duties include:
- Preparing routine correspondence and checking that of others
- Compiling, verifying and reporting data
- Completing forms or reports
- Managing the workload of a small team, ensuring that the monthly payroll schedule is adhered to across the whole team
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSE passes at grade C or above
- Two A level passes at grade E or above or equivalent
- NVQ Management level 3 or 4 (or suitable junior management experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
You will need to be comfortable working in a team environment as well as on your own. A high level of attention to detail is necessary for this role. You will need to work flexibly and be able to respond to the increased pressure of work.
Whats in it for you:
- On-site parking
- Working environment with facilities such as; a subsidised canteen, vending machines and on site coffee shops
- 5 minute walk from Leeds bus station
We are working quickly to fill this role, if you are interested please apply now. Alternatively you can contact Becca on 0113 2154308 or email