Brook Street have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer on a Full Time Permanent basis.
We are recruiting for a Payroll Officer to join the Accounts team in Gloucester. You will be required to have experience in using Microsoft Excel with the ability of working well under pressure .
- Processing starters, leavers, and salary changes
- Administering, reviewing, and maintaining company pension schemes and other benefits
- Generating reports and resolving discrepancies
- Calculating and processing pay adjustments in relation to employee absences and overtime
- Performing routine maintenance activities for payroll-related systems
- Work closely with other internal departments to ensure the timely release of salary and statutory payment
- Liaise with the HR Employee Relations team regarding settlements, redundancy payments, terminations, and other payroll calculations
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
The successful candidate must have the following skills to be considered for this role
- 2-4 years' experience in Payroll processing (UK or another EU country)
- Payroll qualifications desirable or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in busy administrative role
- Experience working with a multi-site organisation an advantage
- Self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- An outgoing, personable individual, with a positive and can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- A quick learner who is able to support others with their learning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Why apply for this role?
As well as an attractive salary of £22,000-£26,000, this employer also has the following benefits for their staff.
- Quarterly bonus
- Loyalty bonus
- Contributory pension and Healthcare
Your working hours will be between Mon - Fri (7am - 7pm) Shift basis of 40 hrs per week.
Please contact Darryl Young in our Bristol Business Hub or click Apply Now!
Why apply through Brook Street?
We are working on behalf of one of our trusted clients for this vacancy. Brook Street first opened its doors in 1946, founded by single mother Margery Hurst who set to work with little more than an idea and a drive to succeed. Her ambition was clear; following the end of World War 2 to deliver a quality recruitment service and to supply London with talented temps. Over 70 years later, our founder's drive remains ingrained in the way we work. We've grown into one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies − matching thousands of people with meaningful job opportunities at more than 4,500 companies every year. Delivering a quality service to suit the needs of clients and candidates alike was important to our founder Margery Hurst and it remains important to us today.
Your application will be treated in confidence and we will discuss this opportunity with you in depth. As part of our service to candidates, we will meet you and offer free pre-interview advice.
If this opportunity isn't for you, please contact us to discuss opportunities that may be of interest to you.