Brook Street (UK) Ltd are delighted to be recruiting Payroll Officer's for our leading reputable Public Sector client Education Authority Northern Ireland located in Armagh.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles across Northern Ireland, we have placed candidates into with The Education Authority Northern Ireland have been extended beyond the original timeframe, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have been successful in securing fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
As Payroll Officer, you will perform effective administrative duties for the daily functional and operational staff within the service.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct calculations, word processing duties and finance/budget reports.
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support.
This will include but not be limited to the following: Supervision of administrative staff in the section including the management and allocation of duties within the Financial Systems department.
He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions, under general supervision.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Analyse complex information or data
- Provide administrative support in relation to all aspects of the work of the section using the full range of IT equipment including typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, intranet, and internet facilities.
- Provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the service.
-Assist in budget preparation, communicate with external stakeholders, perform invoicing and payroll duties and answer queries in relation to the service.
- Process and provide factual data and statistical information from various sources to support the work identified to prepare letters, minutes, notes and other support to officers as appropriate. Customer service.
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Finance Administration Level 2 (or suitable Finance administration experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
" Full training and induction
" Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
" Contribute positively to Education Authority NI's values and mission statement
" The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
" Competitive rates of pay
" Accrue holiday hours as you work
" Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
" Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions across NI.
" No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £10.70 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.