Brook Street are recruiting on behalf of our client in Dungannon who have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join their expanding team as a Payroll Officer/Bookkeeper
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the payroll and bookkeeping team with weekly and monthly payroll duties as well as quarterly VAT duties.
You will be managing a portfolio of weekly/monthly payrolls for a variety of number of clients of all sizes based in the UK/ROI.
You will be their regular point of contact with the clients, obtaining information in order to process the wages each week/month as well as dealing with various queries. Knowledge of the end to end payroll process for the UK and ROI (ROI being desirable).
Assistance will also be required with the preparation of a variety of VAT returns for our clients using manual and computerised records.
The successful Payroll Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Payroll - running weekly/monthly payroll including RTI submissions including setting up and running auto enrolment
* Submission of CIS returns to HMRC
* Computerised bookkeeping for a variety of clients to include data entry
* Preparation of VAT returns and submission of the same.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience as a payroll/bookkeeper/accounting technician
* Ideally you will previously have worked in an accountancy practice or within a payroll bureau background.
* Experience in using Sage essential, Xero desirable
* Good working knowledge of payroll, VAT and accounts production packages
* Knowledge of the end to end payroll process for the UK and ROI (ROI being desirable).
* Ideally you will hold a Book-keeping/Payroll/Accounting Technician qualification
They offer an excellent remuneration package, along with a generous pension, annual leave and health-care benefits.
Please send CV via the apply link