Number of Openings: 3
Temp role Type: finance
Temp hourly rate: 9.26GBP
Client Location: Sheffield
Proposed Start Date: subject to screening
End Date/Duration: 40 days
Job Title: Process Assistant Payroll
Responsible for the delivery of accurate payments to staff and police officers, both weekly and monthly for a defined part of the total payroll, ensuring legislation, Terms & Conditions of Service and other Statutory and Local agreements are processed correctly. Responsible for the completion of a timely and accurate payroll within defined timescales, ensuring confidentiality of staff records at all times.
Work within the guidelines of our Service Delivery and Client policies and procedures, ensuring that Audit requirements are met at all times and deadlines are strictly adhered to
Responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers both internal and external, both by telephone or email, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude and pass any contentious calls to the Payroll Management team abiding by Sopra Steria/Client policies and procedures
Reporting to the Payroll Manager for all aspects of payroll work, ensuring the continued smooth and effective running of the section and that all targets are met within defined deadlines
Responsible for ensuring that all National or Local payroll changes are dealt with in accordance with requirements, and that all customers are able to understand the changes that affect their pay
Responsible for ensuring that all documentation relating to statutory legislation and Terms & Conditions of service is kept up to date and is easily accessible to the rest of the team
Verify written responses to queries from staff, Clients and external agencies
Validation of other payroll officer's temporary and permanent alterations to staff records. Ensure and validate that appropriate checking mechanisms are in place for other members of the team.
Ensure that all manual under/over payments are valid and correctly calculated and payments raised (if appropriate) on a timely basis
Responsible for the completion of all basic payroll output for allocated payrolls and some higher level activities under the direction of the Payroll or Service Manager.
May be asked to undertake reconciliation of General Ledger postings, raising payment requests for Third Parties, reconciliation of HMRC submissions for compliance reasons and raising of journal requests as a specific role.
May be asked to become a specialist in a particular area such as reporting, salary sacrifice, attachment of earnings etc from time to time as required by the business, based on existing skills or where training has been provided.
Ad hoc tasks deemed appropriate to this level
- Payroll Experience desirable
- 5 GCSE's level A-C in English and Math's or Equivalent
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability work in a team and build relationships with co-workers
- A background in investigating and resolving complex pay queries
- Sound understanding of PAYE, National Insurance
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work flexibly, able to respond to increased pressure of work
- A high level knowledge of data-input completion
- Ability to prioritise work load
- The Ability to Observe personal duty of care in relation to equipment or resources
- Experience of accurate data entry and validation of financial information
- NVQ 3 Qualification or equivalent level of experience in Payroll.
- Ability to understand, interpret, implement and communicate several complex terms and conditions of service within one organisation
- Has an awareness of the law relating to payroll (i.e. employment rights and data protection)
Online applications only. If we do not contact you within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful, we are not able to provide feedback to all applicants due the volume we receive.