Par time Personal Assistant role based in Reading. This role is a temporary assignment for initially 6 months with view to being extended thereafter. It is for 22.5 hours per week for £10.83 going up to £12.38 per hour after 12 weeks.
About the role:
The postholders will provide high level, confidential and flexible PA support to the Regional Director of Specialised Commissioning, the Director of Finance and the Clinical Director (to be determined). The postholders will manage their own workload on a day-to-day basis, refine administrative procedures and act independently to action and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
Key Responsibilities, but will not be restricted, include:
Administration, Planning & Organisation
- To provide administrative PA and secretarial support to the management team to include timetabling arrangements, diary management, team co-ordination, minute taking, copy typing, photocopying, filing, emailing and distributing reports. This requires extensive use of software packages in the Microsoft Office suite and involves long periods of time working on a computer and looking at a monitor.
To organise and arrange meetings and distribute agendas (this can include meetings in a variety of national and London wide settings. Some meetings may address complex activities/issues including negotiation and agreeing budgets/contracts and discussion/resolution of performance issues).
- To update and maintain a mailing list and database with various contacts including Hospitals and Clinical Commissioning Groups, Clinical Reference Groups, Strategic Clinical Networks, Academic Health Science Networks and other Commissioners.
- To ensure an appropriate induction programme is in place for new staff including setting up new email accounts, access to all drives, post trays, telephones and basic stationary.
- To deal with highly confidential information i.e. funding requests from Clinicians and Patients whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and Caldicott requirements.
- Responsible for drafting correspondence
- To act as Specialised Commissioning contact with HR, and to communicate advice on a range of HR matters impacting specialised commissioning.
- To complete absent notification forms for postholder and other team members.
Documents and papers
- To take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Accumulate and distribute documents in support of the specialised services meetings.
- To circulate agendas and papers by e-mail or post as appropriate prior to meeting and remind all invitees via telephone or email regarding time, venue and date of meetings.
- To follow up papers and agendas that has not been received by the team ensuring that they are fully prepared prior to their meetings.
- To photo copy papers and minutes to be tabled at meetings and also ensure that extra copies are made so that the appropriate manger can take along to meetings.
If this sounds like the role for you call Khesha today on 0118 9588990 or email to discuss further