Up to £13.79 per hour
3 months ago
WFH Role (Required to attend office once a month)
Are you an experienced Personal Assistant? Have you always wanted to work in the Public Sector? Then this may be the role for you!
Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting temporary-full time Personal Assistants to the Children`s and Young Peoples Services for Northern Ireland`s leading Government Organisation based in Belfast.
Our client is a regional body with responsibility for the provision and delivery of education and youth services across Northern Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Personal Assistant to grow and learn with a Public Sector organisation.
As Personal Assistant to the Children and Young Peoples directorates, you will be confident in Minute taking, Diary Management and the use of MS Packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will have the ability to arrange meetings and manage reminders on tasks and deadlines.
- Providing a high quality, confidential administrative support service across a diverse range of areas.
- Diary management including organising and prioritising diary commitments.
- Organising meetings, including collating papers, briefing delegates, greeting, and escorting visitors and making cost-effective travel arrangements.
- Minute taking as required
- Answering and vetting all incoming calls, including media queries and whenever possible responding to callers directly by providing information or redirecting to an appropriate member of staff.
- Logging, prioritising, and tracking all correspondence from arrival, including high priority media queries, drafting responses where appropriate, redirecting to and following up on responses from other members of staff, updating the Assistant Director and bringing important issues and target dates to his/her attention.
- Typing, compiling, and issuing emails, letters, acknowledgements, minutes, memos, and reports. Circulating documents on the Assistant Director`s behalf. Collating inputs from various sources into a co-ordinated response.
- Using sources such as the intranet/internet, Hansard or press articles to research information.
- Maintaining records, ensuring that information is recorded, stored, managed, and disposed of appropriately and in line with relevant guidance.
- Supporting the Assistant Director in managing his/her relationships with education and business partners at a senior level.
- In addition to the above, the post-holder will, in accordance with Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act (1998), be expected to promote Good Relations, Equality of Opportunity and always pay due regard for Equality Legislation.
- Any other duties, related to the role, which may arise from time to time.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent qualification
- NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable Personal Assistant & administrative experience)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values
- Competitive rates of pay
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
The rate of pay is £13.79 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on
028 90 881100 for a confidential chat or email your CV via the `Apply` link.