Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Personal Assistant. This is an 18 month contract role based in Reading.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: up to £28,500 depending on experience
As a company our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. We consider our mission statement a commitment to our customers and each day we strive to achieve it, working across geographies, with customers of all sizes, incredible partners, a talented team and with respect for diversity and the communities in which we operate.
Our leaders today recognise the importance of running their offices with purpose, managing busy workloads effectively; putting our customers and partners at the heart of what we do - yet balancing that essential resource: people. This makes this role very much a part of the team and key to our success.
What we are looking for:
In this role you will be working full time supporting a set of Business Group Directors - all operating key areas of the M&O business so you'll need to have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and communicate confidently. To succeed you will need to proactively set your own pace, and quickly understand our complex business.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Diary management for senior staff, responsible for keeping an overall view of the diary and ensuring provision of all briefing documents and supporting information to the Manager where necessary
- High level administration support to the senior staff members, including:
- Scheduling and co-ordination of group meetings/off-sites, including logistics, catering etc.
- Preparation of meeting agendas and briefing packs where appropriate.
- Organising group travel itineraries and using online travel tools
- Delivering high quality and timely responses to incoming telephone calls, emails and correspondence.
- Assisting with preparation of presentations, reports and correspondence from draft.
- Ownership of internal processes
- Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement, preparing and presenting expenses and organising travel.
- Updating and monitoring Org Charts, team aliases, SharePoint.
- Responsible for assisting new starters.
- Remind Manager(s) of scheduled activities which require preparation including 1-1s performance reviews, internal and external meetings, presentations, etc. Chase team members for information to meet deadlines.
- All travel itineraries to be identified and arrangements made well in advance with all visa requirements, currency, hotels, transfers etc.
- Meet and greet visitors, ensuring meeting participants are notified of visitor's arrival.
- Provide administrative assistance to ad hoc Group projects, where appropriate.
- Assist with ad hoc projects on behalf of Managers as and when required,
- Arrange conference calls/live meetings.
- Deal with meetings and emails with a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience of a large fast paced Corporate environment
- Knowledge at intermediate level of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including Mathematics and English
- Strong PA experience in a large fast paced Corporate environment
- Proactive self-starter, used to working on own initiative - and knowing when to ask for guidance
- Highly organised and efficient, able to juggle multiple priorities and keep calm under pressure
- Use of technology essential (word, excel, OneNote, occasional PowerPoint) - plus an ability to learn new technologies and tools.
Deadline - 3.pm Tuesday 12th March 2019