Working for a business in Cardiff with great company benefits, Brook Street have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Motor Claims Technician on a Full Time basis.
We are recruiting for an Experienced Motor Claims Technician to join the Claims team in Cardiff. You will need experience in dealing with insurance claims.
Can you stand in our customer's shoes? Most of us know that being in a motor accident or the theft of your car can be distressing. We recognise the importance of having transport to hand and can help our valued clients in providing expert assistance in such situations.
As a Personal Injury Claims Handler you'll have full responsibility for each individual insurance claim you deal with. The key to success will be constant contact with all stakeholders to ensure first class customer service. You`ll also be involved in some investigation, negotiation, assist with settlement of claims and help in liaising with underwriters, solicitors and third parties.
Our claims can be so diverse, so you`ll need to have superb empathetic skills, take a neutral view and remain calm when the pressure is on.
You will have/be:
- Extensive knowledge of motor and personal injury claims handling - This is essential
- Knowledge of £50k plus personal injury claims would be an advantage
- Excellent Customer Service skills within an office environment
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Ability to work to monthly targets and be able to demonstrate that you are a team player
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- IT literacy
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
The successful candidate must have the following skills to be considered for this role
- A working knowledge of the Principles of Motor Insurance
- Already experienced within the claims arena, you`ll have the ability to identify suspicious information and apply correct procedures to avoid fraudulent claims, identify and evaluate evidence. Additionally, you`ll answer routine correspondence, deal with incoming calls, issue client updates and maintain diary processes.
- Working knowledge of MS Word
Why apply for this role?
As well as an attractive salary and the following benefits for their staff.
- Great Office environment
- Development & Progression opportunities
- Great city centre location
Please contact Kerry Lewis in our Cardiff Business Hub or click Apply Now!
Why apply through Brook Street?
We are working on behalf of one of our trusted clients for this vacancy. Brook Street first opened its doors in 1946, founded by single mother Margery Hurst who set to work with little more than an idea and a drive to succeed. Her ambition was clear; following the end of World War 2 to deliver a quality recruitment service and to supply London with talented temps. Over 70 years later, our founder's drive remains ingrained in the way we work. We've grown into one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies − matching thousands of people with meaningful job opportunities at more than 4,500 companies every year. Delivering a quality service to suit the needs of clients and candidates alike was important to our founder Margery Hurst and it remains important to us today.
Your application will be treated in confidence and we will discuss this opportunity with you in depth. As part of our service to candidates, we will meet you and offer free pre-interview advice.
If this opportunity isn't for you, please contact us to discuss opportunities that may be of interest to you.