We are currently working with an outstanding Law firm based near Heathrow, who specialise in personal injury and clinical negligence. They are actively seeking a Personal Injury Solicitor with skills in fast track litigation to join them on a permanent basis starting as soon as possible.
Salary: Up to £35,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
The purpose of this Personal Injury Solicitor is to provide a first-class service to Private Clients and Union in the areas of Personal Injury, litigating Fast Track matters. You will also be responsible for assisting the firm in meeting it`s business objectives in line with the organisational plan.
To be considered for this brilliant opportunity, you must have:
- Prior expertise on good quality claimant PI matters
- Extensive working knowledge of Portal (Fast Track) and ability to supervise portal caseworkers as and when needed
- Background in litigating PI claims
- IT literacy - Microsoft packages, and Solicitors Case Management Systems (Partner for Windows preferred)
Ideally, you will also have some knowledge of Trade Union work and have used digital dictation (BigHand) however these are not essential for the right candidate and training will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing own casework of litigated files (Personal Injury matters) that are outside the portal; acting for claimants in Fast Track matters (EL/PL/RTA) adhering to procedural, funding guidelines and limits and providing support to partners and senior solicitors
- Providing support and liaising with Portal Caseworkers in order to identify claims likely to be outside the portal
- Judging liability on Portal cases where liability is denied and deciding whether litigation is appropriate
- Understanding of medical issues in the context of PI claims and how to investigate and apply these to the law in the best interest of the client
- Develop an understanding of financial management of files (WIP, disbursements, billing and profitability) and working as to meet or exceed set targets
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing to 25 days annul leave after 3 months` probation
- Additional day off on your Birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Pension scheme
- Free private healthcare package
- Annual bonus (based on departmental targets)
- Annual salary review
To be considered for this exciting opportunity to work as a Personal Injury Solicitor focusing on fast track litigation, at a top firm based in the Slough area please apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch. For a confidential chat please reach out to Hiba Pasha on 01483 700 500.