We have a great new position for our leading recycling plant where we specialise in recycling metals. We're a hard working group but very rewarding!
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of maintenance activities for plant and equipment in our specialist recycling yard.
- Develop a detailed set of pre and post shift equipment checks configured for each piece of model-specific plant
- Develop a detailed set of weekly checks configured for each piece of model specific equipment
- Create video instruction/training guides to accompany equipment checks
- Evaluate the skills requirements to execute the checks and create a skills management process to monitor and uplift as required
- Create a management process and develop and annual plan to coordinate periodic maintenance (weld build-up, blade change etc) for all fixed plant and equipment in the
- Document periodic maintenance procedures in the form of Job Element Sheets
- Develop EMR policy for delivery of periodic maintenance as appropriate to the task and available resources and skills:
- Create local on-site controlled tool stores (as appropriate) for the delivery of daily and periodic maintenance. Ensure this is delivered to good standards of 5S and housekeeping
- Create bespoke critical spare parts controls (identification, order and storage) for all plant and equipment for Tilbury Dock.
- Minimise the cost of maintenance per operating hour
Primary Supply Route, Lead-time, Cost
- Secondary Supply Route, Lead-time, Cost
- Min/Max inventory levels
- Spares Storage and labelling
- Visual inventory Tracking
- Develop and manage the plan to install performance monitoring telematics to all fixed plant onsite.
- Develop temporary equipment availability monitoring where telematics monitoring is not available
- Develop a process to schedule and manage major overhaul to fixed plant
- Develop a process to manage the performance of contractors and works approval
- Carry-out equipment performance analysis to identify and understand performance shortfall and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Analyse site maintenance costs and produce a plan to reduce by 10%
- Act as the key interface for maintenance elements of the MS Dynamics programme
- Vocational maintenance qualifications
- Knowledge of operational costs and budgeting
- Experience in the specification, purchase and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Understanding of the economic life cycle of equipment and planning replacement
- Knowledge of legislation for fleet operation, both current and proposed
- Experience of third party maintenance facilities and maintenance capabilities in the supply chain
- Be IT literate and experienced (MS Office, planning)
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to work with a cross section of individuals
- High energy levels coupled with hands-on approach, strong organisational and management skills
· Be methodical, working through tasks with a positive approach
· The ability to solve problems and complete investigations
· Strong interest in maintaining current knowledge of technology and best practice in maintenance
· Able to provide support and leadership to team and the wider EMR organisation
· Prepared to identify and share best practice across the company.
NEBOSH Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely
Flexible to travel widely and work extended hours as necessary to perform the role