Northamptonshire Police are seeking a Payroll Team Leader to join the team at Wootton Hall.
1. Put systems and strategies in place to develop and empower people within payroll services.
2. Contribute to the strategic direction of the MFSS, live the values and lead the team/unit to achieve. Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change.
3. Actively promote and demonstrate a customer-centric approach with emphasis on service delivery and service improvement.
4. Contribute to the development of the performance management framework and monitor against that framework. Manage risk appropriately, gain feedback and promote a culture of continuous improvement to drive business efficiency and quality.
5. Ensure Controls are robust, appropriate and constantly reviewed for effectiveness.
6. Take personal responsibility for decisions and achieving results, act with integrity and commitment, and take ownership of your own professional development.
7. Plan and manage resources to meet demand and deliver organisational goals.
8. Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, ensure data quality, and take ownership of management information.
9. Establish effective communication channels with key stakeholders.
10. Take responsibility for health and safety within the working environment by establishing safe working practices, ensuring statutory compliance, and identifying and reducing risk. Work with the Health and Safety committee and representatives to monitor and promote safe working.
11. Understand and respect the views, opinions, circumstances and feelings of colleagues and customers and ensure they are treated with dignity at all times.
1. Lead the payroll team ensuring that staff are developed and equipped to provide an efficient service. Give advice, guidance and coaching to staff on complex, sensitive or serious payroll issues.
2. Schedule and allocate to team members tasks and activities to meet SLA`s and deliver payroll services in accordance with the agreed payroll timetable. This will include maintenance of master data and variations to pay.
3. Responsibility for drafting, reviewing and maintaining the MFSS Payroll service operating processes in conjunction with retained HR and Finance, ensuring that robust controls are in place.
4. Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of the payroll and pensions service, including reporting, reconciliations and BACS payments, ensuring that the MFSS participating Forces meet all statutory requirements for National Insurance, Tax and Statutory Pay (SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP etc.).
5. Produce standard and ad hoc reports for the MFSS, in consultation with the data reporting team and retained Finance function.
6. Represent the MFSS Payroll Service at local, regional and national forums and meetings to ensure that the payroll service provision adheres to best practice.
7. Manage the day to day working relationship with third party providers, ensuring that changes are managed in line with contractual SLAs. Work with the software provider to develop the payroll and pension system software so that it continues to meet user requirements.
8. Ensure that payroll policy and procedure conforms to legal requirements, police officer regulations, police staff terms and conditions and recognised good practice.
9. Support the management of the payroll system, including system enhancement, updates and upgrades, ensuring that all functionality is appropriately tested and faults found are reported in accordance with agreed procedures.
10. Work with Finance & HR Departments and MFSS functions to ensure that transactional processes support the requirements of the client organisation.