Northamptonshire Police require a Trainee Accountant to join the team at Wootton Hall.
This role is responsible for maintaining and administering all financial procedures to adhere to Financial Regulations.
1. Responsible for collecting and analysing technical data for the budget and closure of accounts. To include reviewing SORP changes to ensure timely amendments to year end procedures. Providing departmental briefing notes on changes.
2. Responsible for analysing legal and technical documents and their impact on the Statement of Accounts and recognising any budgetary implications.
3. Develop and maintain a Fixed Asset register for Northamptonshire Police, to record purchase, depreciation, impairment and residual values of all assets.
4. To assist in the consolidation of capital forecasts from the monitoring team, including recording reasons for slippage against assumed expenditure levels.
5. Responsible for reviewing the closedown process for Northamptonshire Police and introducing new guidelines to provide efficiency savings and improved techniques.
6. Responsible for completing Government Returns on all financial aspects. To include CIPFA Estimates and Actuals, RO/RA Forms, Whole of Government Accounts,
7. To provide financial support to large scale capital and revenue projects as undertaken by Northamptonshire Police.
8. Update monthly spreadsheets to enable the reporting on Non Devolved budgets to Senior Managers, including reconciling allocations of central budgets and producing variance reports.
9. To assist in the development of the budget process, including the development of a timeline with clearly defined strategic stages that fit in with the planning force planning cycle and communication to the entire organisation.