Working as part of team, responsible for the receipt and preparation of all post incoming and outgoing. Input of case details onto the computerised system, in preparation for awards and claims to be assessed. All work should be processed quickly, accurately and fairly, complying with agreed procedures and technical instructions.
Pay rate is £8.21 rising to £9.03 after 12 weeks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Open, sort, examine, and prepare application forms, claims, forms, cheques, payments, valuables or any other incoming post for distribution, registration or processing.
2. Photocopy original documents or supporting information and then return original correspondence by post to the customer.
3. Registration of application forms onto the computer system following agreed procedures.
4. Assess whether application forms are signed and suitable identification is enclosed, returning the application by post if unsigned or if supporting documentation has been omitted.
5. Print faxed documents received electronically and distribute.
6. Process amendments to student bank details, adhering to rules regarding customer confidentiality.
7. Processes travel claim forms following technical instruction, returning to the customer if essential information is omitted.
8. Maintains accurate statistics of work registered, processed or otherwise dealt with, for the collation of data to determine departmental performance. Enters statistics onto a spreadsheet for collation each week.
9. Works in an organised manner and complies with office systems already in place to ensure paperwork is prepared for scanning.
10. Manages own workload and operates in line with Service Level Agreements, internal agreements / policies, technical instructions / procedures and within agreed timescales.
11. Works to agreed performance and accuracy targets.
12. Adheres to the Data Protection Act at all times and works in accordance with Quality Standards.
13. Prepares, sorts and weighs all external post for dispatch daily in a post room environment.
14. May be required to mentor new staff or colleagues.