Premier Field Engineer
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Premier Field Engineer
This is a contract role home based for (6) months. Once a month visit TVP Reading
Daily Rate: £395.00 per day plus 5% end of contract bonus, depending on experience.
Are you looking for a contract that provides you with a rich, multi-cultural, international experience partnering with peers and visiting customers across the world?
Premier Enterprise Customers - enabling them to make the most out of their technology and moving their business forward?
The ideal candidate should have at least 8-10 years of experience with SQL Server. This position is targeted for both dedicated support roles and short-term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is required. Travel requirements vary regionally; expectation is around 70%.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with Consulting Services, SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's goals.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Databases and analytics -> SQL server, MySQL, Oracle
- Data warehousing
- Business intelligence -> power bi , noSQL.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
Deadline for CV submission: 29th of April 2019 at 9:00am