Press officer positions have opened up within a government department. Government Press Officers are behind many of the news stories you've read about today. We're looking for a hardworking, ambitious and motivated communicators to join the busy media team for the department.
The successful candidates will be at the forefront of communicating work, and tackling some of the highest profile policy issues across government. Looking for individuals who have previous media or communications experience. The department is fast paced and expect hard workers, as such it is a rich and rewarding role. Gaining opportunities to work with a diverse range of people, ministers, journalists, policy officials, and other across Whitehall.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing proactive media handling advice to ministers, special advisers and senior officials.
- Organising media interviews, visits, announcements and publicity to support the Government's devolution and local government agendas.
- Working closely with ministers and others to plan and implement media strategies across a broad range of traditional and social media outlets.
Everyday activity includes:
- Responding to breaking news and high-profile journalists, arranging interview bids, preparing media statements and briefing for Ministers
-Arranging Ministerial interviews, and liaising with Number 10 to provide briefing to the Prime Minister's spokesman.
- Working with others in the media team and with policy colleagues to provide a swift, but accurate service to ministers and journalists.
- Writing news releases, press statements or other briefing material.
- Researching, drafting and issuing clear, concise responses across a range of channels.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative and quickly grasp complex issues.
- A sound understanding of social media and how to use it in a media office environment.