We are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Press Setter / Programmer. You will need to have experience setting up, run and shut down machines safely.
Your role as a Press Setter will need to ensure you meet production requirements and achieve set targets.
To ensure that periodic safety checks are carried out and that the company operates with the Industries Code of Practice and complies with the Power Press Regulations and Health and Safety at Work Act
- The function of all machine components relevant to the setting of tools
- To approach machine setting in a logical manner To be aware of process variables and their effect
- To observe the process capability
- To be able to set machine conditions
- To have basic knowledge of tools and construction
- To adopt trouble shooting approaches to component faults
- To be aware of settings, connection, control circuitry and design
- To be able to handle and protect tools safely, using where appropriate, lifting and slinging devices during a tool change
- To identify and report common faults associated with tools
- To co-operate fully within the department and support personnel To practice the philosophy of total quality - continuous improvement To take all measures to eliminate waste
- To accept the importance of, and work with all supporting departments
- To ensure that company policy on such matters as health and safety, training, housekeeping etc are always followed.
- You can be required to undertake such other duties, temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may be required
Your Job will involve;
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, your role will focus heavily on taking ownership of setting presses in the press shop to meet both production and customer KPl's.
The work will be of the highest quality whilst remaining compliant with health and safety standards. To be proactive on continuous improvement to ensure optimum performance and quality in the manufacturing process
To have a high attention to detail and also carry industry standard certification
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Education to GCSE standard in Maths, English and an Engineering related subject
- N/SVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds competence certificate, or be working toward, or willing to work toward either of the above
- Knowledge and experience of working within the metal pressing industry
- To have an understanding of electrics within manufacturing
- To preferably have had experience of the metal closure industry and to be forward thinking regarding the concept of team building
Salary - Negotiable dependant on experience. Please apply now to hear more.