Brook Street (UK) Limited is recruiting on behalf of our insurance client in Belfast who are looking for a Pricing Analyst Assistant for their expanding business.
The companies pricing department endeavours to place a price on insurance risks by fitting statistical models to historical data, in an attempt to predict the underlying claim costs associated with a new insurance policy.
Historical data is enriched with a host of external factors to complement the risk assessment of each policy, and consequently to price more accurately and competitively.
As well as the techniques used to price potential new business, a range of statistical methodologies are used to monitor the ongoing development of existing business to ensure we remain competitive in the market.
The role advertised is for work on property business initially, but the successful candidate could find themselves in other lines of business in due course
* Assist in the production of new product pricing models
* Assist in ensuring all pricing models for household insurance are robust and well documented
* Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality
* Develop solutions using a sound statistical approach to both new and routine pricing problems.
* Assist in ongoing monitoring of pricing models
* Assist in the development, analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators
* Understand and communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences explaining key results and assumptions
* Use of key pricing software packages to maintain profitability of household book
* Maintaining Financial Conduct Authority compliance at all times.
* A mathematics or statistics qualification, preferably at degree level.
* Experience of manipulating high volumes of data to produce meaningful analysis.
* Strong IT skills with experience of Excel and preferably SQL.
* Knowledge of data analysis and modelling packages.
* Preferably knowledge of general insurance actuarial modelling packages such as Emblem.
* High level of numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and present information to stakeholders.
* High level of written and verbal communication, excellent attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, results focused and commercially aware.
* Innovative approach to problem solving.
* Focused on timely delivery of accurate results.
* Skilled at prioritising and organising own workload to meet personal and team objectives.
* Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
* Salary is circa £18-£23K, depending on qualifications and experience
* Hours of work Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
* 20 days annual leave plus 11 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
* Company Pension Scheme, including life assurance.
* Private Medical Insurance (currently with BUPA)
* Eye care scheme
* Staff Insurance Discount
* The post holder will be required to undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the client.
Please send CV via the link